mardi 11 août 2020

Cash and carry brisket $2.29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmas View Post

Smartfoodservice or cash and carry has cryovac whole beef brisket for $2.29. These are big whole untrimmed briskets with a lot of exterior fat. I mean a lot of fat.

Do they have butchers in the store? Grind a brisket whole and you get roughly 70/30 ground beef, which is what basic store ground beef is. But this way you don't get old trimmings and pink slime added in to bulk it out.

Once you do the whole ground brisket you'll quit buying those stupid store packs of ground beef forever.

Everyone I've ever told about this has never complained about the final product quality.

It's only been the reluctance to buy so much at once or having problems getting the store butchers to grind it.

I haven't bought one of those small weight packs of normal ground beef in at least 15 years. I occasionally buy chili meat grind or super lean 90/10 ground sirloin for jerky or low fat dishes. But when I just want ground beef for the usual jobs I grab a pack off the freezer pile.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Cash and carry brisket $2.29

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire