lundi 10 août 2020

I got to fight crime yesterday.

I am in a subdivision with only one way in and out. The first house on the way in has has a minor theft, so the owner has since installed cameras. I have cameras as well, but need to upgrade. I am also at the end of the subdivision where 50 % of the cars from outside, end up making a u turn if they have no destination. So if my neighbor Mike agrees, we might have a way to capture strange cars coming and going. We don't get a lot of folks driving through here normally, but a few each day either lost, service providers or looky loos.

So I am thinking about some sort of license plate reader LPR software that could build a database of what tags have been captured, time stamp them , record a csv file and sort by excel spreadsheet if there is a problem later. The video can be reviewed for vehicle description. The residents tag numbers can be ignored on the sort.

I am wondering if some open source LPR software exists. It does not need to look up on NCIC, just capture the evidence for the police.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Let's block ads! (Why?)



I got to fight crime yesterday.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire