jeudi 13 août 2020

Seed Saving - Do You?

I do, I have some that go back several years,... yes I know viability goes way down... I do it for strain purity and back up. I think I have become an unintentional master cross breeder. That is something that cant be undone and I will probably make next year a start at zero and do everything from a reliable seller.

Make sure to research a bit as some plants require 2nd year growth to produce seeds(carrots), some require to be left in the pod membrane, others hard mature on the plant. I intentionally grow things like carrots, in 5 gal buckets just for seeds. That way I can move it around as needed.

It is an important step to learn as to not be dependent on suppliers, I have read a few threads here saying this year was tight on some seed companies.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Seed Saving - Do You?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire