mardi 11 août 2020

Why We Suffer

Nearly a week has gone by that I've wanted to post this. I heard an outstanding radio broadcast that answered this question definitively. Unfortunately, I did not hear the whole broadcast, going in and out of stores until I arrived at my final destination. However, what I heard is a golden nugget to share.

The question, Why do we suffer? is, itself sinful. Let me expand on the question to explain.

  • Why don't I get everything I want when I want it and how I want it?
  • Why don't I have more money?
  • Why don't I have more power?
  • Why don't people do what I tell them or what I think should be done?
  • Why can't I have immortality and retain the strength, energy and vitality of my youth?
  • Why can't my body fight off disease and injury?
  • Why isn't it all about me all the time?
The host of the radio broadcast turned the question on its head, Why Should God Not Let You Suffer? Whenever God gives us success, we give ourselves credit and turn away from him. So, why should God give us success?

Only when people suffer do they tend to turn to God - and even then, only as a last resort. To the One who gave us all, we tend to give nothing but disdain or lip service. And that is why we suffer. Brilliant huh?

I know many unbelievers look at it as a matter of innocence or guilt or undue punishment. According to Moody radio, all that is besides the point. All glory to God.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Why We Suffer

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire