samedi 29 octobre 2016

10 years, no Deer... is it the soap?

I've been hunting for the past 10 years and, have never seen a deer.

I sit up in a tree during bow season and, in a blind for rifle. I sit/stand still, use scent killers, I walk out to the truck to eat and, do my business(making sure to bury it). My spots have produced deer on a nearly regular basis for others in my family(whom are fairly picky hunters), but I've seen none.

At least until last weekend, where I did EVERYTHING wrong (noisy, moved around, washed my gear in un-softened water, showered with scented soap, ate lunch in the stand, made tea with a little camping stove and, screwed around with my phone) and, yet still had about 7 Doe and a button buck come thru.

I am confused now... aside from my movement and having lunch in the stand, the only physical/material thing that changed was the lack scent killers. Could my soaps be the actual problem? I use Hunters Specialties "Scent-A-Way" and Wildlife Research Center's "Scent Killer"

Let's block ads! (Why?)



10 years, no Deer... is it the soap?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire