vendredi 28 octobre 2016

Condor Battle Belt - How to make it awesome. With Pics!

I have a Condor battle belt, and I like it. A lot.

The stitching is good, the PALS webbing is good, the inside padding is great, and overall it's a durable piece of kit.

But let's face it. It lacks some features that some high-dollar belts such as the HSGI belt have.

For about $15, I have improved the Condor battle belt to the point where, I believe, it is probably as good as anything else out there. That's my opinion of course, and I'm biased, obviously. But read on...

The first thing I did was get a set of USGI milsurp ALICE suspenders. These attach to the steel D rings on the Condor battle belt as if they were made for it. I got 2 sets of the "Y" style suspenders for $10. So my cost there was 5 bucks.

But the main problem is that the Condor belt is not very stiff. This allows the top of the belt to fold down if you have pouches attached and may allow things to flop around a bit if worn while running.

I've fixed that.

Here is how my belt looked before my mod. Yeah, it works, but it's floppy, loose, and kind of sad.

This is how it looks after my custom, low-buck mod:

How did I do it? I ordered a $10 piece of 1/8" thick HDPE plastic and cut it to fit:

http://ift.tt/2eRqH9u

The HDPE was shipped as a flat sheet, 12" x 48" wrapped in cardboard. I used the cardboard to cut out a pattern, test fit it, then laid it on the HDPE and traced around it with a Sharpie. Then I cut out the shape on the HDPE with my jig saw.

I actually ordered too much HDPE. I got a 12" by 48" sheet. The final measurements of my HDPE insert after cutting are 37" long and 5" at the widest part. If it was 36" long it wouldn't make much difference so this same mod could be done with a 3 foot x 6" piece of HDPE, for even less money.

I test fitted the HDPE and made marks, trimmed off some edges and basically tweaked it until I like it.

When I was done I slid it inside the battle belt, on the outside of the inner belt.

And once again, here is the belt holding it's shape:

Good luck!

.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Condor Battle Belt - How to make it awesome. With Pics!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire