lundi 31 octobre 2016

Old A/C compressor to create vacuums

I want to use an old A/C compressor from a car to generate a vacuum and create a siphon. It will be spun by hand. I figured just about everything out except for the following:

1. The compressor appears to have come without oil. I only spun it by hand a few times so I doubt I caused permanent damage. My question is, can I add regular motor oil to it instead of refrigerant oil? It will be used for light duty and spun by hand without the use of electricity to engage the clutch.

2. The intake pike appears to be a regular smooth pipe. There appear to be no threads in it. What is a good way to connect a hose to it? I'm hoping to get something that has NPT on the other side so I can hook it up to the rest of the rig.

Compressor seems to work. Even the clutch engages at 2 amps, though this is unnecessary for my application as I will spin a part of the assembly that is permanently attached to the compressing assembly rotor.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Old A/C compressor to create vacuums

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire