samedi 29 octobre 2016

Shipping container - roof rust prevention

I recently received delivery of a shipping container to store some equipment on my property.

It's in decent shape, just 1-2 welded repairs, and is currently water tight.

My concern is the roof. Minor rust now, but there are some dents that hold water. Also a few low spots where water pools. I tried some roofing tar to fill in the dings, but ironically it doesn't stick very well to the container. (That crap sticks to everything else)
I'm thinking that I have 3 options: sand out rust and prime/paint, push out dents and low spots from the inside, or build a slanted roof over the container.

Would a hydraulic bottle jack and a 2x4 be enough to push out roof dents?

Anyone build a simple roof over their container? if so, any tips?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Shipping container - roof rust prevention

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire