samedi 29 octobre 2016

My prep fail of the day.

Luckily this was just an inconvenience on a rainy day and not something worse. So the wife left home about 0330. About 0345 I get a call that she has a flat tire. Now I had to get the kid ready to go and change her tire.

Upon arrival I tried to change to the spare. It wouldn't lower from its mount. Then it wouldn't raise. The damn thing was stuck about 6" down. There was no way of getting it down. So I hauled her to town and went back to it. I then pulled off the flat and hauled it back to town. It had to big of a hole to fix and they didn't have a new one in stock and would have to get ordered. Back to the Tahoe for more brainstorming.

After looking at it, I went back home and grabbed my angle grinder with a couple of cutoff wheels. I had to cut one of the ears off of the retainer then get it down and mounted. Now back to town to get the wife and have her drive it to work. I followed her as the spare (vintage 2005) was a little low.

The lesson for all here is to periodically check your spare hanger for function. Also check your spare for condition.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



My prep fail of the day.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire