lundi 12 mars 2018

Stuck bobbin case, question

Put this here for more views and hopefully more suggestions.

Bought this for $5 at a thrift store today, Singer model 237.

It works great, I was impressed by how clean it is except for surface dirt, which will be easy to get off. Motor is quick and quiet.

Problem---the bobbin case is stuck in the hook

There was slight surface rust on it that came off easily, but it won't come off the spindle (the round thing in the center, which is a spindle attached to the crescent shaped outer case called the hook).

It's almost like it was forced onto the spindle, but I can't be sure.

It's really stuck on there.

I can buy another hook and bobbin case for about $15 but would rather not.

The hook has to remain pristine or the machine won't function properly. I don't mind damaging the bobbin case to get it out of the hook, but the hook can't sustain damage.

Any ideas how to get this out? I've soaked it in PB Blaster for several hours, no luck.

In all my years of buying and tinkering with old sewing machines, I've never had a bobbin case stuck in a hook like this.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Stuck bobbin case, question

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire