lundi 6 juillet 2020

Freezing vs. cold storage?

Every year around baking season (November / December) I buy anywhere between 8 - 12 pounds of butter (replacing what I used the year previous) and drop them in the deep freeze. So in effect, all the butter we eat each year is about a year old. We've never noticed any difference in taste.

I also freeze shredded cheese and block cheese but no longer freeze sliced cheese. Even the name brand like Sargento's gets too crumbly (no longer sandwich worthy) so if I buy sliced on sale it's only for quick use.

I've also frozen cream cheese but the texture changes. It becomes really mushy when thawed. Still good if mixing in a recipe but not so great for spreading on crackers or whatever for our liking. But cream cheese lasts a long time in the fridge so that's where I keep it now as opposed to freezing.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Freezing vs. cold storage?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire