jeudi 2 juillet 2020

Ole' Timers .02 on bov's

I may not know much abouts all these here prepping subjects, but an Ole' Timer can learn. When I sees something here I find fanciful or I do not understand I go googles it. These here bov's I find most interesting.

After reading here and elsewhere about bov's, why people select the vehicle and the gear, and what things they do to that vehicle, an Ole' Timer has some thoughts. I isn't saying anyone is wrong or right, just hows I'm thinking.

In building these bov's, I sees most go 4x4. I do agree with this, and some of the reasoning. To me, if you are planning to take your bov and go hide in the woods, with no particular place to go, you will have alot of company. This I read is the most popular idea.

Also, in leaving in a bov, you are leaving an area you are familiar with and going thru or to an area your not familiar with. You don't know what type of people may be around the corner. Staying home or close to it in familiar territory I thinks would be better? Travelling increases your chances of encountering other peoples. I may be old, but I also gets it depends on why one is thinking they have to leave the area. It be too dangerous to stay.

This brings me to another thought. As you decide to take your bov to the woods, or to another property you own, an Ole' Timer feels alot believe they are going to just drive crosscountry offroad. Now that may works in some places, and you may get a good distance. What I thinks is these folks do not know, or care, what that kind of driving will produce. One is crossing private property, going through fences. Good way to get shot. Good way to get stuck for the inexperienced, and then shot.

Another is you could make it maybe a few miles but you will find an impassable barrier eventually. Creeks, rivers, washouts, bluffs, thick standing timber. You will then have to search for away around that barrier wasting time and attracting attention. I would think getting pictures from satellites from point A to point B would give a good idea of what is in your way. Staying off major roads most agree with. Backroads would be best but could slso be easily blocked locally.

This brings an Ole' Timer to these bov's themselves. 4x4 I thinks would be best, but I see photos of some of these way up high with monster tires. This may be good in some places, but if your having to flee an area, I would thinks staying close to original height would be better. To high and you cannot use the bumpers effactively agaist any stalled or abandonded vehicles to push out of the way.

I also read about this emp idea. Now, an Ole' Timer knows nothing about this. Sounds scary to me. But I thinks a diesel would be better than gas as no sparkplugs and such. But too, alot of people would be trying to get gas as thats what most cars are. But diesel is used in semis, farm equipment and construction equipment. Fewer would be looking at these. Plus the fuel tanks are usually bigger on that equpment.

An Ole' Timer is just giving thought. To me, I'll just stay on my hill. Gots everything I need.

Is an Ole' Timer thinking this right or are the cobwebs tween his ears confusing me.

Thank you.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Ole' Timers .02 on bov's

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire