mardi 25 octobre 2016

Digital Preps?

There's always a lot of talk about quote-endquote traditional preps: food, water, shelter, energy, defense. I'm wondering what we're doing in terms of digital preps: making sure that we're getting the most out of the technology we have today.

For instance, it would be fairly simple to take a neighborhood or even a small community's worth of wireless routers and set up an alternate wireless network independent of the internet's infrastructure. There's an app used by pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong that does the same thing via the omnipresent Bluetooth. Using either approach to set up a pirate radio station would be handy during a disaster.

(I know, I know: needs electricity. But it seems to me we've discussed how to do that elsewhere and how we might get our neighbors on board)

Anyone else have any bright ideas or actual experience? I'm curious . . .

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Digital Preps?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire