Was it running last you used it, and then you just let it run out of gas?
Did it have untreated gas in it when you put it away? (you would know if the gas was treated, because YOU would have treated it.)
Oil really shouldn't have anything to do with it.
It's the gasoline which can & will cause you problems if left in it & stored away. Treated gasoline is a bit better, in that you can leave it in there and store it for a bit longer without causing problems.
In short, gasoline left in the tank, lines and carb creates "plaque".
You should empty any fuel currently in it, replace it with fresh treated gas, and give it a try and go from there.
I've had to "clean" the carb jet in my snowblower back east a few times because I've let it sit with gas in it for over a year. I'm by far from a small engine mechanic, but can read and follow instructions. If you can as well, then give it a go. I'm sure there are you tube videos on how to take down/clean a Honda generator carb/fuel system.
Ohh...and obviously check the Oil in that the level is adequate. Worry about changing the Oil after you can get it running...
Help re Honda 2000 generator
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire