Last night, when I got home my new ThorFire light was sitting in an envelope from Amazon. Upon opening the package I pulled out a plain cardboard box, containing 1x PF02S, 2x rubber O-rings in a baggy, and the manual.
The PF02S runs on two AAA batteries, which is currently my battery of choice. Immediately I was struck by how thin the tube is. I popped a couple of new batteries in it, and played with it for a few minutes before sliding it in my pocket. To my surprise, despite its slightly longer than expected tube, it fit inside my pocket well. The jeans have oddly shaped pockets that are a little shallower than I generally like.
Changing jeans for church, the light fit just fine it my regular jeans. While I was conscious of the light being in my pocket, it wasn't due to weight or discomfort, just excitement. After dark, I played around with it a bit more at the homestead.
The PF02S has five light modes: high, med, low, moonlight, and strobe. Both the high and medium settings lit up the chicken pen ~30 yards away quite well. Low was perfect for walking through the dark to the unlit house. Moonlight, while not super useful outside during a full moon, was nice inside after the lights were off. It's bright enough to get you around, without waking anybody up, which as the parent of a 1 year old, is oddly important.
Overall, I like the light. It has a few cons, which I'll get into after a little more playing around. I will follow up with a versus review on this thread in the next couple of days where I will pit this light against the Ozark Trail light I've had for about 18 months. That review will be more in depth, with some actual testing done.
New Light - ThorFire PF02S
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire