jeudi 14 septembre 2017

Rare Lumbar Condition - Pays to get a proper diagnosis.

I have always thought back problems are a result of injury and bulging discs as a result of injury.

Been fighting sciatica on the right side for 2 months. Out of pocket physical therapy two to three times per week. Exercising at home in between. Medications. All of resulted in zero improvement at considerable expense.

So I go see an Orthopedic Surgeon who specializes in the spine. Get an MRI and discover I have a rare back condition that can only be resolved with surgery. I'm a Disabled Veteran and this is not covered by the VA. Surgery here would be $20,000 plus. So I have to go back to the States and Wade through the VA.

The condition is:

Spinal Epidural Lipomatosis (SEL) of the Lumbar Spine

Not caused by anything I've done or by injury. Wish I had been more aggressive about getting an MRI. Would have saved me lots of time and money.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Rare Lumbar Condition - Pays to get a proper diagnosis.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire