mercredi 8 août 2018

How to protect game cameras from theft?

I have trespassers that have stolen tools from my 100 acres. They also stole a deer feeder. As a result I put out some game cameras. They were up for a few weeks and I did get some pics of people trespassing, but then all the cameras were stolen.

I used browning cameras in metal security boxes screwed to the trees. It turns out the metal of the security box is soft so they were able to lever the box until the screw heads ripped through the back of the box.

Im now using washers to increase the surface area and also using a chain around the tree attached to the lock that keeps the box closed.

I think the next thing they can do is to cut the tree down. If I attach to a large enough tree that might not be a problem.

Im also going to have cameras monitoring cameras.

I was thinking about using tile tracking devices to track the box before they manage to get it open.

How have people protected their cameras from theft?

As a last resort I will switch to 4g cameras that stream their video to the cloud.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



How to protect game cameras from theft?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire