lundi 6 août 2018

New Hexamine tabs

Well, they look good. Said to be hotter and longer burn time than Esbit tabs and USGI 'bars'.
Best of all, they are supposed to not smell like rotten fish, as do the Esbit tabs. I question that. I mean, they are hexamine after all.

I just got (paid for) two boxes of 4 tabs each for my trying out. Take them out of the box and 4 plastic sealed tabs fit well in the Esbit folding stove.
Like Hiram Cook (youtube), I'll test using a lidded aluminum Scout Pot w/ two cups of water. Out of the wind. I'm hoping for a 7 minute boil time. Tabs said to burn 14 minutes. Once boil is achieved I'll see if I can extinguish the left over tab for re-use.

I'll let you know how they work out.. Anybody else know of these?

https://www.amazon.com/Expedition-So...olid+fuel+tabs

Let's block ads! (Why?)



New Hexamine tabs

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire