lundi 24 octobre 2016

POS Stack On gun cabinet

I tried getting into my Stack On gun cabinet a couple weeks ago, and the key wouldn't turn. I tried off and on to get it to turn and the best I could get was an 1/8 of a turn.

Since I was going to replace it with a real safe anyway, I thought I'd see how hard to was to break into. I was going to use it as an ammo locker, but that's off the table now.

I didn't think to photograph or video me doing the break in, but I did after the fact.

Anyway, I drilled out the tumbler, punched it out and tried to turn it, but it still wouldn't turn more than halfway. So I took a pry bar and popped it open at the top of the door, worked like a charm.

From the time I started drilling it, till I got the door open, the entire process took 17 minutes.

And I discovered why the door lock wouldn't open. A 5.56 carbine had fallen forward and blocked the latch from turning to unlock. I suspected something like that, but because I had bolted it to the floor and wall, I couldn't move it to shake anything loose.

Oh well, live and learn

Let's block ads! (Why?)



POS Stack On gun cabinet

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire