mercredi 13 septembre 2017

Chickens Thread

Hello,

I finished my coop and bought 8 hens from a farm that were a little bit older - was told 6 months and 15 months. Will have had them one week come sunday - and i havent gotten a single egg yet. I even put a few golf balls in their nesting boxes to help encourage.

I have layer crumble feed, oyster shell, grit for them available, fresh water every day, and meal worms and cracked corn for snack. Mix of breeds - 1 barred rock, 1 leghorn, some mixed breeds. They all seem healthy and get along great - they go into the coop at dusk already without me doing anything and we let them out at 5am. The coop is 4 x 6 with roosting bars and they have a 10 by 5 run thats protected for them.

Any suggestions or are they just stressed out from the move? How much time do i give them? I am a first time chicken owner here.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Chickens Thread

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire