dimanche 17 septembre 2017

Ever get bad Blazer ammo?

While in my LGS a couple weeks ago, I found a used Remington 597 (22lr) in the used rack for $90.00. I threaded the barrel, installed the bipod and scope (3x9x57). I took it out the other day to zero the scope and had the strangest experience. I always zero a new scope and 50', just to get the windage right. Then we began shooting a 300 yard steel plate to set elevation. I began with a box of Blazer 40gr LRN. The first rounds were 5' low. I cranked up the elevation and the rounds were still 5' low. For some inexplicable reason, one of the rounds went about 10 above the target. At that point, I was looking around for a huge rock, with which I would apply "Percussive Adjustments" to the scope and rifle. Before I could find a suitable "Adjustment Tool", my friend loaded some Remington Thunderbolts and proceeded to try it. With only a couple clicks on the elevation knob, the rifle performed beautifully and it did so for the remainder of the day.

I've never herd of or had a bad batch of Blazer. I really didn't think it possible.

Anyone every have any bad Blazer"?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Ever get bad Blazer ammo?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire