The first shot was taken while the pig was eating with his head down. I was directly in front of the pig, about 3 feet from him, and I placed the bullet right between his eyes. It shocked him at best, he ran away 20 yards and was clearly upset at the loud noise. I gave him a few minutes to calm down, and he came back to eat some more.
When he did I fired a second round into his head, also between his eyes. This time he ran into some tall weeds, and he refused to let me get in front of him. After 5 or 6 minutes, his bleeding stopped and he seemed to have re-gained his second wind. Wanting to put him down quickly, I decided to try a heart shot.
I fired the third round from about 10 feet away, on his left side, aimed at his chest. This sent him into a fit of thrashing in the weeds, and he was clearly beginning to have difficulty breathing.
I fired a fourth round also aimed at his heart, into his left side, and this finally killed him.
When we butchered him, we found that neither of the two head shots entered his brain. They simply did not get through the skull. They lodged in the bone. the third and fourth shots got through his ribs but neither of these bullets made it any further. His chest cavity filled with blood and that caused his death.
I would have thought that a single .357 magnum hollow point should be capable of killing a small pig.
Any ideas?
Four 357 bullets to kill a pig this weekend.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire