lundi 11 septembre 2017

Harvey, Irma - I hope everyone's okay.

I haven't been around for a while (life, Facebook, work, etc) but in light of Harvey and Irma giving the eastern US states a bit of an arse kicking, I hope forum members are safe and well.

There's gonna be one hell of a clean up in the weeks and months to come. The preparations aren't so important for the actual storm but for the aftermath.

I was reminded of this forum a few days ago by the current emergencies but it was really only tonight (AU time) that I thought I'd pop in and post. A friend on Facebook asked how to find out about storm surges in Florida as she was worried about family and friends there and couldn't find any information after searching on the Internet for an hour.

Knowledge gained on this site allowed me to tell her about the NOAA website, which was of help to her.

If you're in the affected areas, stay safe and be careful in the coming months when cleaning up. The next few months will be the true test.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Harvey, Irma - I hope everyone's okay.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire