vendredi 8 septembre 2017

Outfitting a self-sufficient camper. Looking for suggestions.

The title pretty much says it all.

I've been thinking over this project for a year or so (maybe longer) so I've obviously got quite a few ideas of my own, but I'm throwing it out there to see if anyone has something I haven't thought of yet.

I'm going to be intentionally vague on what I've already thought of for now, as I dont want to steer people too much.

The basic scenario is this:

I plan on purchasing an older 16-23ft (18-21ft preferred) tandem axle camper to outfit as I see fit. It is most likely going to be gutted down to just the shell and then completely rebuilt, so wiring, plumbing etc are all on the table.

I plan on using this kinda all across the spectrum of what you might use a camper for. On the hot side, I plan on using it for a week at a time in the desert in summer (burning man if you're wondering) . On the cold side, I could see taking it out boondocking in the winter in temps down to -20 or so. Needless to say, I will be insulating, and installing a small wood burner.

I don't want a black water tank.....so, out goes a standard toilet. I do plan on having a grey water tank (with diverter for when it is acceptable to dump on site) so shower and sink are in.

Needs to sleep 2 without converting anything, and i would like to be able to sleep 4 if possible with minimal extra effort.

Budget is semi-flexible. Not counting the trailer itself, figure a few thousand dollars in working funds. Time is not an issue, I'll have probably have around 18 months to work on this project in my spare time, including a lot of spare time in my businesses slow season next summer.

Skill wise, either I am capable of it, or I have someone who is when it comes to mechanical, carpentry, electrical and plumbing. Welding is limited to an AC/DC stick welder

So that's it, those are the basics, from there consider it a white canvas, and tell me what YOU would want if you were building it.

I'll let this go for a bit, let people say what they want, then outline what my current plans are for those who are curious.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Outfitting a self-sufficient camper. Looking for suggestions.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire