mercredi 20 mai 2020

Adding to the AR15 arsenal. Requesting sanity check.

Looking to build 8-10 .223/5.56 NATO AR-15s. They will be an addition to my suburban/rural survival properties' defensive strategy as well as for light hunting (if necessary).

I feel it's important this collection of weapons is:

Light weight (All day carry)
Resists exposure to the elements (extreme cold NOT a factor)
Shares interchangeable parts
Accurate + take-down capable up to 200 yds (human)
Can reliably eat crap ammo (Not the plan, but want the option)
Build for less than $600

Don't care about looks.
Don't care about full auto.
Don't care about competitions.
Don't care about long range sniping.
Don't care about impressing anyone.
Don't care about Uncle Sam tracking me.
Don't care about messing with 80% lowers.
Don't care about close quarters engagement.

The size of my junk is NOT directly proportional to the amount of $$$ I spend on an AR-15 and I subscribe to the possibility an inexpensive AR and the above named requirements are NOT mutually exclusive.

After building, these units will be tested with 30 rounds put through em, be cleaned and then go into long-term storage.

So far my research has led me to believe I may be successful with:
PSA upper $360 (if I can find a blem)
Anderson lower $40
Cheap-ass red dot $100

I don't intend for this to turn in to a pi$$ing match of what company produces better or worse stuff. I get it, PSA and Anderson have had issues and don't exactly maintain the gold standard. Consider me informed. If you can provide and alternative that will accomplish my goal, please, by all means, you have the floor. Just rather avoid the subjective rants that have zero useful information.

Again, the basic question is, "Can I build a successful AR with the specifications mentioned above for under $600?"

What am I missing here? Tell me why I'm doing this wrong.

I'm open to the possibility of a 223 Wylde, but haven't see one at the necessary price point.

Barrel Length: 16" (middle of the road with portability, accuracy and weight)
Gas System: Midlength (Bolt velocity, gas port pressure, dwell time)
Barrel Profile: A2
Barrel Steel: 4150 Chrome-Moly Vanadium
Barrel Finish: Nitride (Just as good as chrome lined for elements in my research)
Chrome Lining: None
Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28
Chamber: 5.56 NATO
Twist Rate: 1:7
Barrel Extension: M4
Diameter at Gas Block: .750
Gas Block Type: Low-profile
Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6
Receiver Type: M4
Handguard Type: PSA 13.5" Lightweight M-Lok Rail
Bolt Carrier Group Included: Yes
Bolt Steel: Carpenter 158
Bolt Carrier Profile: Full-auto
Charging Handle Included: Yes
Optics: Magpul MBUS Front and Rear Flip-Up Sights, Black
Fire Control Group: PSA Enhanced Polished Trigger (EPT) FCG
Overall Length: 24.5"
Weight: 4.0 lbs

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Adding to the AR15 arsenal. Requesting sanity check.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire