This is my first M1/M14 style, so the learning curve has not only been steep but is still continuing (still not as comfortable breaking it down and cleaning it as I would like to be, and the gas system is something that continues to baffle me, but I am working on it).
When I got it, I acquired 4 magazines for it. In Canada, we can only have 5 shot mags, but we are allowed ones that are higher capacity so long as they are somehow pinned to not allow more.
I have a question about one of the mags.
Three of them are smooth in and out. The rock back motion took some getting used to, but I am getting smoother and faster ever time I do it. I can pull them out and change them one handed with no prob.
One of the mags though, while it rocks in easy and smooth like the rest, does not want to come out. In fact, I have to rap it (on the trigger side of the mag) rather solidly with the heel of my hand to dislodge it. It did this before a single round was fired from the gun, and still does so now. It does this empty and loaded.
I see no signs of deformed metal, defects, bends, or the like. I have checked it for level and it is true on all sides and seems square on all angles. The follower seems fine as well, so I am assuming it is either the front surface retention hole or the rear surface lock piece (sorry, don't remember the proper names of the mag parts right now).
Any ideas? Suggestions?
I have ruled out the gun being the issue, because no matter what I do I cannot even make the other mags do anything like this.
Oh, and a small additional point of curiosity: anyone know what the proper length for the tail coming off the base of the follower (down into the spring) is on a 20 rd mag? I am curious to compare it to the huge (5 inch or so) one on the followers for these mags.
M14/M305 Question
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire