samedi 24 février 2018

Conceal teacher training, adequate? I don't think so.

Trump seems to want teachers who are trained to carry and be able to "take out" an active shooter. I haven't had concealed training, but I never really saw a need to being that since I don't travel but to a few states. I have talked to CCW instructors in my area and they say that they do not teach tactical methods. I know how difficult it is to draw and fire from a carry position, at a paper target at 7 yards. Oh sure, it's easy if I use two hands and aim, but in a stressed situation, I would probably draw and either fire from my hip or else point and fire. Easy to hit the body, but if the shooter had a vest, I would have to shoot at either the head of the pelvic area. Tough to do! When the weather is good, I practice this several times a week.

There's also the problem of "Have I practiced enough in high stress situations that I can kill a person, let alone hit him. And how effective is it for a handgun user to go against a rifle?

I have had active shooter training once with live ammunition and high stress and it is really difficult, but I wasn't shooting at a person. A teacher would need to be tactically trained and then go through refresher courses often. I only do that every 2 years. If I were in a Walmart, for example, and an active shooter came in and began shooting, I would look for a way out of the building. I would not advance with my 8-shot pocket 9 and engage him. That would be suicide. And what might happen if the police came in while I had my gun in my hand? Probably determine that I was the bad guy and shoot me?

And what kind of gun would be the recommended firearm? Full, medium, pocket 9? 8-shot mag .45 ACP. Most full-sized nines or .45's are a bit hard to conceal, especially in warm weather. And to what professional level would a teacher be trained to? My tactical trainer told us in the class that we are better trained than all the deputies in his department, and I would have a lot of trouble in a tactical shooter situation.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Conceal teacher training, adequate? I don't think so.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire