mardi 27 février 2018

Let's talk about dog breeds

So far, from my experience, the Cur dog is maybe the most flexible for what I am doing.

They make good:

  • Hunting dogs, including hunting wild pigs.
  • Independent
  • Agile
  • Alert
  • Fast
  • Family friendly

I live in a rural area and my cur dogs, one grown and one puppy, have plenty of room to roam. When my dogs and I go on a dayhike, the Cur dog is right at home. When the heavier dogs get winded, the Cur is still going strong.

I also have a:

  • German Sheppard, Rottweiler mixed mutt.
  • Lab mixed mutt,
  • Hound mix. The hound looks like a Redbone hound dog. The hound dog bets winded easier than the cur dog, and has to take more breaks.

The Cur dog rarely stops for water, when at the same time the other dogs are laying in the creek to cool off.

Would the hound mix and cur dog do well for everyone? Of course not. When the hound starts baying, he would probably wake a whole neighborhood.

German Sheppard, Lab, Golden Retriever and Irish Setter are also at the top of my list.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Let's talk about dog breeds

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire