vendredi 23 février 2018

How and when to use compost?

Okay so last spring I put up a little wire cage and started dumping all the chicken manure in it. Also threw in some egg shells and vegetable plants.

I wish I had started a NEW cage a few months back, but I did not. So now I will move the more recent stuff to a new cage, and filter the stuff that looks "done" through 1/2 inch wire mesh.

Most of it is chicken poop which can be too high in nitrogen if not aged long enough. If the bottom half doesn't smell like ammonia, but looks like dark soil does that mean it is probably fine to use?

I didn't think I would have enough but now that I am sifting it, it looks like I will have 2.5 - 3 bags. So should I just use some in each planting hole? Or sprinkle it all over the two vegetable beds before planting?? I don't have enough to waste.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



How and when to use compost?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire