lundi 26 février 2018

Owning Ballistic Body Armour in NZ

Hi, as per the title, does anyone from NZ know if it is legal to own Ballistic body armour, (Including helmets), in NZ?

I'm looking to move back to NZ, from the UK, and would like to bring my stuff back with me. I have a couple of sets of body armour with plates, plus a couple of Gentex style helmets. All are Level IIIA. They would be coming over in a shipping container with the rest of my possessions but I wouldn't want to surprise customs with anything that may be illegal.

I have done a small amount of research so far and came across the Arms Amendment Bill (No 3) but it's from 2005, part of it states,

'There are some new offences relating to the possession for illegal purposes of body armour designed for protection against firearm projectiles. There are increases to some of the maximum penalties under the Arms Act, and a new order of the court is established, applicable to many of the offences in the Arms Act, which is the suspension of a firearms licence, a dealer’s licence, or an endorsement on a firearms licence'.
https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/hans...-first-reading

Do you think that means they're not saying you can't have it but if you wear it during some sort of criminal activity then you're liable for even more punishment than if you had none on at all??

I'd never really thought about any implications with bringing that stuff back to NZ but after emailing NZ Firearms about bringing a deactivated weapon to NZ, and being told it's a no go unless you have a NZ firearms certificate with an importers endorsement (You don't need anything in the UK to own a deactivated weapon), I got thinking about the body armour and helmets I wanted to bring back and started to worry that I won't be able to.

I could always email the same place I asked about the deactivated weapon I guess, but thought I'd ask here first.

Cheers in advance for any information

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Owning Ballistic Body Armour in NZ

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire