dimanche 5 juillet 2020

chainsaw fuel oil ratios

I own an older Husqvarna model 235 chainsaw that is supposed to use a 40:1 fuel oil mixture IIRC. But, the Husqvarna web site now states they use a 50:1 fuel oil mixture - unless the owners manual says differently. I can not find my owners manual and I can not get it from their web site.

I recently purchased a Stihl model MS 261C chainsaw that is supposed to use a 50:1 fuel oil mixture. And therein lies the problem.

This requires me to keep two cans of fuel for chainsaw use. At the rate I use a chainsaw, I will either be throwing a lot of fuel oil mixture away, or I will be using a lot of old fuel.

I read that instead of throwing the fuel oil mixture away, I should just put it into my truck with a full tank of gas. Is that wise?

Also, what are the real world consequences of running both chainsaws on the same fuel oil mixture? And which one would be the best one if permissible? Or, should I split the difference and run them both on a 45:1 ratio?

I do not want to harm either chainsaw by using an improper fuel oil ratio.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



chainsaw fuel oil ratios

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire