dimanche 9 octobre 2016

Nesting boxes and a rogue chicken

I have 6 hens and at this time I think I have four hens laying. They are about 6 months old. Two Rocks, two RIR, Red Sexlink and Leghorn, I believe. I have three nesting boxes which is more than enough for our number of hens. We get eggs layer in each of the boxes and occasionally have two eggs in the same box.

Here is the problem. One of my Rocks is laying its egg outside of the nesting box under the roost/poop board in the corner of the coup right by the large clean out door. How do I get the girl to start laying in one of the nesting boxes and not in the coup area? Still inside the coup and not in the run part. What say you? Thanks

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Nesting boxes and a rogue chicken

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire