dimanche 9 octobre 2016

Popular Mechanics,Workbench, Mother Earth News and Backwoodsman

DefaultPopular Mechanics,Workbench, Mother Earth News and Backwoodsman


One of the most useful things my father-in-law left me was his collection of PM magazines. They start at about 1937-1970. I don't have all of them but I have probably 150 of them. Not all of the stuff is pertinent anymore. It's tough to find a lot of Model T parts to use but there is a bunch of good stuff.
My Dad was a farmer but did carpenter work of the side, rough and finish. He was also an accomplished cabinet maker. His donation was 30 years worth of Workbench magazines starting at about 1960-90. He had built a cabinet with individual compartments for each year. It is a fairly complete collection. These books have some fairly simple and inexpensive plans in them for guys that don't have all the latest tools.
A friend gave me the MEN mags starting from the first copy through the later 80's. Not complete but most of them. After about 1987 MEN basically became an advertisement for companies pandering to rich yuppie farmboy wannabes
I started getting Backwoodsman a few years ago. The remind me a lot of the old PM mags. They lean more to making do with what you can scrounge rather than buying the next new shiny thing.
Can anyone think of any other periodicals like these?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Popular Mechanics,Workbench, Mother Earth News and Backwoodsman

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire