samedi 8 octobre 2016

Got stopped by a state trooper and.....

My fiancee and I went to Mcdonalds in Jasper Texas today (10/08/2016) for lunch. We went through the drive through; I got a grilled chicken sandwich and she got a dollar double cheeseburger with extra onions.

After leaving Mcdonalds we decided to drive around and enjoy the nice weather. We headed down hwy 63 going west of Jasper, turned on RR 255, crossed over Lake Sam Rayburn dam,,, just enjoying the scenery.

As we approached a small strip center on RR 255 just before the FM 1007 intersection, a Texas state trooping coming the opposite way turned on his lights.

I pulled over,
Rolled the window down,
Turned off the engine,
Had left arm on the window edge and my right hand on the steering wheel in clear view,
Trooper walked up asked about my speed,
I apologized and said I thought the speed limit was 65,
He said it was 55 and asked for my drivers license,
I said my wallet is in my pocket and I would like to reach for it,
I also said I did not reach for my wallet while he was walking up so he would not see me reaching for something,
Got my wallet out and handed him my drivers license,
Trooper asked for insurance,
Fiancee said it was in the glove box and asked if she could get it,
Trooper said yes.

At this point I was wondering what was going on. Where was the police violence? Where was my beating at the hands of corrupt law enforcement? I felt rather short changed. Was I not good enough for a beating?

Trooper comes back to the car. A few minutes later he comes back and says he is giving me a warning, which I thank him very much for, I sign and head on my way.

Maybe it was my white privilege coming into play? YES!!! I finally get to see this white privilege everyone is talking about.

Then again, maybe, just maybe, I was not getting beat and got a warning ticket is because my fiancee and I showed the trooper some respect? We said yes sir, no sir, asked if we could reach for something, no sudden movements, just some respect for what the trooper has to deal with daily.

I will watch my speed going through that area.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Got stopped by a state trooper and.....

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire