mardi 6 février 2018

Use of large folder

What is the role of a large folding knife?
I bought a Rat1 on a whim and while it's a fine piece of work, I don't know if I will ever use it.
For sturdiness it can't come close to a full tang fixed blade. For EDC now, OK, a small folder is great, I carry a small Gerber and Victorinox classic on my keychain.
For outdoors?
The Rat1 weighs 5 ounces, and my SAK Huntsman weighs 3.4.
The huntsman has an excellent saw, a good blade, scissors, reamer, can opener, tweezers, corkscrew and glasses screwdriver, etc.
For defense? Really there are many improvised smashing items that would be just as good or not better. A hand ax would be far better. A baseball bat. Pepper spray.

For cleaning game/food prep? A folder will fill up w/ blood and gunk. Not exactly hygienic. A little fixed blade, thin profile far better.

I think most folks buy big folders for the same reason I did, they just like the looks.

Feel free to disagree, but tell me why you do. Maybe I'm missing something.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Use of large folder

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire